New Bethel Baptist Church started over 65 years ago in February of 1952 as a group of Christians met with the purpose of taking the Gospel to people in Norwood, its surrounding areas, and all around the world. The church first met in a rented building on the corner of Forest and Norwood Avenue with 65 original members. That original building still stands on that corner, adjacent to the church's current home. From a humble beginning in a room that had once been a pool-hall, New Bethel embarked on a new journey and decided to buy their 1st property. Fast forward 6 months and the 1st addition was built and completed in early 1955. From there the church continued to grow and prosper. So much so, that the church had to expand, and on August 7th, 1967, ground was broken on where the worship center now stands. On February 18th, 1968 the very first service in the new addition was held. During this service, 10 came to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, 10 people were baptized, and the church received 2 new members. God continued to work over the years, and on the churches 30th birthday, there was a note burning service to celebrate the church paying off $225,000 in debt. From there the church would go on to build a brand new family life center now known as the Bayside Building. Ground was broken in 2005, and 2 years and $449,000 later, the gym was opened.